Friday, June 09, 2006

Public policy T-shirt

On sale at this week's Central/Southern Illinois Lutheran Synod meeting was a black-on-yellow T-shirt promoting the www.lutheranadvocacy.org website. On the back it displays the following:
A Six-Point Plan for Effective Public Policy:
  1. When I was hungry, you gave me something to eat;
  2. When I was thirsty, you gave me something to drink;
  3. When I was a stranger, you welcomed me;
  4. When I was naked, you clothed me;
  5. When I was sick, you comforted me;
  6. When I was in prison, you visited me.
Truly I tell you, just as you do this for the least of my brothers and sisters, you do this for me.
-- Matthew 25
LutheranAdvocacy.org is a joint ministry of Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI), the three regional synods of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) in the State of Illinois and the ELCA's Division for Church in Society. It is the ELCA state public policy office for the state of Illinois.

No comments: