Sunday, September 23, 2007

COM 337: Attendance / READ AND POST / MANDATORY

Due to excessive absenteeism that makes it impossible for us to maintain continuity and cover the required material in class, the following revised attendance policy will go into effect as of Monday, Oct. 1: Each student will be allowed two (2) unexcused absences over the balance of the semester; one (1) point will be deducted from your final grade in Communications 337 for each unexcused absence beyond that number.

Excused absences must be approved by the instructor prior to the class period missed. In exceptional circumstances in which a student cannot foresee the necessity of missing class, I will accept a written, corroborated explanation of the circumstances after the fact; you should, however, keep such ex post facto excuses to a minimum.

AS YOU FINISH READING THIS NOTICE, PLEASE POST A COMMENT TO THE POST CONFIRMING THAT YOU HAVE READ THE NOTICE AND UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT.

14 comments:

Gina said...

I have read and understand the new attendance policy

Rob Schwarz said...

I've read it.

whitney said...

ive read this

Mitch said...

I've read it.

meghanmccarthy said...

ive read it and understand it

Jeremy said...

I've read it.

Quinn Allen said...

I have read it.

Michele Bearss said...

Doc, was that message primarily directed toward me?

Ben Harley said...

I have read this post and fully understand it

Z Kirch said...

I read it.

eric said...

yeah yeah doc. i heard ya. what of it?

Shalon said...

yes I understand

Christina Ostermeier said...

I have read the attendance requirements.

Jeremy said...

I read it